Removing DeckOver Paint From a Deck
A few years ago I made the mistake of painting our deck with DeckOver.  It didn't last a year before it started peeling.  I called Behr. The rep's response was "you didn't prep it properly".    I told him I followed their directions.    He told me I was SOL.  Anyway,  I want to get the rest of it off.  Would a floor sander work?  Would scraping and/or a chemical stripper work better?  My wife won't let me just wait another year or so for the rest to peel off...

I did the same a few years ago with a similar product. I ended up using a chemical stripper to get it all off. I then used a pressure sprayer to get it all out of the pores, cracks and crevasses. The edges between the boards was a real PITA. I think sanding it off would be a lifetime project.
I think that the DeckOver type products are a great concept and they look really good after application. Sure wish they worked.
I just Googled it.....wow.  Lots of horror stories out there and a class action suit settlement (too late to file now). Anyhow, if you haven't already, do a search and there are quite a few how-tos on removal. None of them easy....
I want to just replace the boards but with the current price of lumber that's prohibitively expensive.

(04-29-2021, 10:53 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I want to just replace the boards but with the current price of lumber that's prohibitively expensive.

If you can wait lumber prices will go back down. I saw an interview just this week with the ceo of Weherhaeuser talking about the price of lumber. They had to shutter the mills/logging operations due to covid. On top of that with eveyone home and getting free gov't cheese checks there was a huge spike in demand. They are expecting to be caught up by the end of this year and expect lumber prices to go to near pre-covid levels.
(04-29-2021, 10:25 AM)crokett™ Wrote:   Would a floor sander work?  

i cant say if it would remove that finish but seems  36 grit drums would rip the snot out of any finish.
might not be able to rent a drum sander if you mention its for a deck. they dont want screws or nails tearing up the drums.