Shelves - bark side up?
It’s kind of too late now since the deeds been done already but when doing fixed shelves housed in dadoes - does it matter bark side up or down? I did bark side up so the convex is topside / i figured due to the weight of books it would push it down and keep it flat over time Shelves are about 10 inches deep and 37” wide - 1/4” dadoes

This is for future knowledge and next project...
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."
Dan Shaughnessy, boston globe on the Patriots loss in Superbowl XLII
Trapped in a dado, probably doesn't matter.

Resting on shelf pins do bark side up, yes. But my preference in that case would be plywood with edge and.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Thanks Rob

I seem to never get straight the whole cupping issue.
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."
(04-30-2021, 10:20 PM)identity_crisis Wrote: Thanks Rob

I seem to never get straight the whole cupping issue
The more I think about a shelf pin supported shelf, I think it would depend on the load like you described.  Bark side up, the edges will curl up but enough weight of books may prevent much movement. 
As a table top, heart side up definately.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I’m not gonna sweat it now - it’s gonna do what it’s gonna do
Smile since it’s already in. But I’ll definitely set it right next project