Full extension slide question
My wife and I are living in an RV full time and I want to install a sliding tray on the counter to hold the coffee maker.  There isn't a whole lot of height for mounting regular drawer slides in the vertical fashion.  Has anyone mounted a drawer slide in the horizontal position?  I also would like the soft close type slide so the tray doesn't move while in transit. My plan is to permanently mount the coffee maker to the tray.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

(04-30-2021, 08:46 AM)glzahn Wrote: My wife and I are living in an RV full time and I want to install a sliding tray on the counter to hold the coffee maker.  There isn't a whole lot of height for mounting regular drawer slides in the vertical fashion.  Has anyone mounted a drawer slide in the horizontal position?  I also would like the soft close type slide so the tray doesn't move while in transit. My plan is to permanently mount the coffee maker to the tray.

I did that once and it worked just fine. Use heavier duty ones (or maybe 3 or 4 of lighter duty) just to be sure the cantilevered tray + weight of the full coffee maker doesn't put undue stress on the bearings.
Thanks for the reassurance.  I'm going to use 75 lb slides and the tray wont extend out far enough to put undue stress on the bearings.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

(04-30-2021, 08:46 AM)glzahn Wrote: My wife and I are living in an RV full time and I want to install a sliding tray on the counter to hold the coffee maker.  There isn't a whole lot of height for mounting regular drawer slides in the vertical fashion.  Has anyone mounted a drawer slide in the horizontal position?  I also would like the soft close type slide so the tray doesn't move while in transit. My plan is to permanently mount the coffee maker to the tray.

Just did that recently for a neighbor, a pull out shelf in her kitchen.

---
See ya later,
Bill