A turner's dream tree
Out mountain biking in one of our state parks a couple weeks and just happened to notice this tree about 100' off the trail!  Man, I'd love to be able to have that log to harvest those burls!  Too bad it's in the state park....oh well 
Smirk

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Holy cow! One amazing tree!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
The burls were hollow and full of carpenter ants anyway
VH07V  
There is a section of woods my buddy and I hunt in the national forest that is loaded with burls. Unfortunately, it would be cheaper to buy burl wood than get caught illegally harvested them from the NF.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
In 2019 I was the recipient of a tuner's dream tree. A buddy and his neighbor had a few western big leaf maples come down in an intense windstorm. We get a good windstorm at least once a year. The neighbor's big tree was 160' tall and the base was 6' diameter. I got about 1500 pounds of curl, burl, spalt, angel step and quilt figure. Slabbing some of it out with the Grandberg chainsaw mill pushed the limits of the 36" bar for some sections. 

Some of it was used in my recent cremation urn and some used for these boxes and these boxes
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Someone should contact the BWA (Burl Wackers Anonymous)
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!