HowdoI get rid of banner ads?

For the last 4 months, I haven't had any banner ads. For the last 2 weeks, they are back. They only appear on this site. How do I get rid of them?

Attached Files Image(s)

I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
  Re: HowdoI get rid of banner ads? by museumguy (For the last 4 month...)
I've had the same type ad's all along with the software change.
I don't use ad blockers and all that
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yeah, it was weird. I've had the ads for years, then I moved and have a new internet provider. The ads stopped until recently. Only this site.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Like many websites, the ads help pay for the site. On WN, there are header banner ads and ads at the bottom (usually from Amazon, for me).

I did not know that they were there until I tweaked my noscript settings.

The Amazon ads have actually been occasionally helpful for me.

The banner at the top rarely seems to advertise anything new to me, but it does happen once in a while.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I don't mind the ads, the site has to pay for itself somehow.  I just wish they would be lighter on the browser so they would pop faster.  Many times I have attempted to enter one board only to have the banner pop which moves a different board under the pointer at the last second and then I end up there instead.  

first world problems.  Laugh