On the Light Duty Roster, for now..
I WAS going to sharpen a couple handsaws.    Did not want to start any large woodworking projects, thought mainly a little edge work would pass the time

Reason for the slowdown?   Friday morning they installed the Watchman device in my heart.....and they go up through a vein in the groin area....a LARGE one.   So, until that hole heals up, I am on light duty.....
I managed to get one saw done, before Friday...and a start on a second one..
Cool

Pre-1928 Disston D8, 5-1/2ppi Rip....was too wide for the vise,  can you say SCREEEEECH?  worked my way down to the toe..

Turned the saw around, and worked towards the heel..

Then hang that saw up..

Next to the D-112...and set up to do the D8 Crosscut saw...

Also having issues getting the handle close enough to the vise's jaws...ecided the teeth could use a little jointing, so

Trying to correct a mild case of "Cows & Calves"

Give me a week or two, until I can get back to the shop....
Rolleyes   Then I can finish this saw up.  It is the same age as that D8 Rip saw....Etches on both (READABLE, BTW) have the "8" inside of the "D".....no hyphen in sight...
Winkgrin

And..

There is something about the way these older handles were shaped...was hard to set either back down, once I picked them up....these were handles meant to be used all the live long day, every day.....and were shaped by people who knew what such handles should feel like, and how they should fit a hand's grip....
Cool

Stay tuned...will update as things go along.
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Beautiful saws Bandit.

Heal up!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(05-08-2021, 06:06 PM)bandit571 Wrote: I WAS going to sharpen a couple handsaws.    Did not want to start any large woodworking projects, thought mainly a little edge work would pass the time

Reason for the slowdown?   Friday morning they installed the Watchman device in my heart.....and they go up through a vein in the groin area....a LARGE one.   So, until that hole heals up, I am on light duty.....
I managed to get one saw done, before Friday...and a start on a second one..
Cool

Pre-1928 Disston D8, 5-1/2ppi Rip....was too wide for the vise,  can you say SCREEEEECH?  worked my way down to the toe..

Turned the saw around, and worked towards the heel..

Then hang that saw up..

Next to the D-112...and set up to do the D8 Crosscut saw...

Also having issues getting the handle close enough to the vise's jaws...ecided the teeth could use a little jointing, so

Trying to correct a mild case of "Cows & Calves"

Give me a week or two, until I can get back to the shop....
Rolleyes   Then I can finish this saw up.  It is the same age as that D8 Rip saw....Etches on both (READABLE, BTW) have the "8" inside of the "D".....no hyphen in sight...
Winkgrin

And..

There is something about the way these older handles were shaped...was hard to set either back down, once I picked them up....these were handles meant to be used all the live long day, every day.....and were shaped by people who knew what such handles should feel like, and how they should fit a hand's grip....
Cool

Stay tuned...will update as things go along.
Cool

My son had that done three years ago,,,he's fine....you will be too if you don't extend yourself....Light duty means... LIGHT DUTY!!!!!!!!
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Take it easy and heal up. Question: are you putting fleam on the 5 1/2 rip; if not, why reverse the saw??
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Hope the device helps! I had a stent installed in the same way. Don't push it!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(05-09-2021, 12:05 PM)Admiral Wrote: Take it easy and heal up.  Question:  are you putting fleam on the 5 1/2 rip; if not, why reverse the saw??

Was merely hitting a couple spots I had missed.    The 8ppi has been jointed...at least until the calves had a shiny tip.....file and match the angles already there...keeping things simple.     Leg is still a bit sore.   No leaks going on, though....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice work on the saws.  

Take it easy and heal up.