debate on tool trays
I thought I would open the love hate relationship with the tool tray. Friday I was working on my new work bench which is a Roubo. I was doing some sanding  as well as cutting radii on all the sharp corners on one end of the bench legs.  I had to move part of the leg off the bench so I could do the work. I tee slotted the bottom of the tool tray so I was able to slide it out of the way and place a clamp so the leg couldn't get push back when using the router. When I was finished I pushed the bottom back in place.   I do the same to clean the tray, open it up sweep the debris onto the floor  or a dust pan and slide the bottom back into place.

I like a tool tray, I try to put my tools away when done, but I also fail miserly at it. I can also pull the whole bottom out for clamping purposes and cleaning the debris out is not the problem some would have you to believe. Just giving some new bench builder something to think about or to rethink a position.

PS: I love the Makita battery operated palm router.

Tom