Altering a slot cutting router bit
I have a solid carbide, 12-tooth slot cutting router bit that is currently 1.6mm thick, that I would like to have reduced to a 1.06mm thickness.  Can anyone recommend a company that could perform this service?  Thanks
.54mm is about 21 thousandths. That should be able to be done with a diamond plate. I would rotate the bit on a drill press and keep moving the plate stopping regularly to measure. Do not forget to use cutting fluid on the plate. It keeps the plate form loading with swarf and will keep the dust down. Carbide dust is bad for you.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Vortex tool in WI would be my first call.

Connecticut Saw should be able to take care of you in the NE

Vexor in Denver could handle it

Orbit Tool Works in Santa Cruz if you're a left coaster
I know the search, but not any specific vendor:

https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...outer+bits

This one looks promising:  https://orbittools.com/

[Image: Solid-Carbide-Gallery-Photo-2-1.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
My local sharpener has done it for me. Untill he moved out of state.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I contacted all of the companies mentioned and none was able to accommodate my request.  I guess I may have not described my situation well enough in my previous post. I would like to take an existing (off the shelf) 1.6mm thick solid-carbide slot cutter (31.8mm diameter) and have someone precisely grind it to a 1.06mm thickness.  I've previously had to send them off to a foreign country to have the work done but was hoping to find a more cost effective solution closer to home. Thanks again.

Attached Files Image(s)

Have you tried a machine shop in your area?

Doug
Seriously ?

CTSaw wouldn’t sharpen that to your specs ?   What reason did they give ?

I’m certain they’re able, I can see if they just weren’t interested in you as a customer.   But, you didn’t say that.
(05-18-2021, 03:55 PM)GnomeAbram Wrote: Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I contacted all of the companies mentioned and none was able to accommodate my request.  I guess I may have not described my situation well enough in my previous post. I would like to take an existing (off the shelf) 1.6mm thick solid-carbide slot cutter (31.8mm diameter) and have someone precisely grind it to a 1.06mm thickness.  I've previously had to send them off to a foreign country to have the work done but was hoping to find a more cost effective solution closer to home. Thanks again.

Try this one
Carbide Grinding Co
262-549-5940
in Waukesha, WI