Reaction Wood
So I've never had this happen before.  Last night I'm cross cutting a PT 1x8 with a 12" miter saw and 2/3 of the way through the cut the saw comes to a stop.  The board pinched the blade so hard that it stopped it.  I had to take a hammer and beat the board off of the blade to free it.  There was less than 2" remaining on the cut, but it was strong enough to pinch the blade.
Signature
Man, that is some serious tension.  I would be surprised if it happened in a 2x8, but a 1x8...that's crazy!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Another strange thing is that the board was completely straight and flat, and the two pieces after they were cut remained straight and flat. There was nothing to make me think there might be a problem.
Signature
I had that happen on a 2 x 12 I was afraid I would bent the blade getting it off.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Reaction wood or simply expansion due to it being wet?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill