5" 8 Hole Random Orbital Sandpaper
Hi Guys,

I need to replenish sandpaper for my random orbital sander I need the hook & loop 8 hole. The last time I bought sandpaper is was from Norton. I can't find these anymore so I'm wondering what you guys are using and where are you buying it from. I need 120 to 220 grit.

Thanks

Mike
I buy mine off Ebay.
I like the Mirka gold.
Klingspor, Amazon, Industrial Abrasives, Online Industrial Supply. Norton, Mirka, Klingspor all make good products.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
(05-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I need to replenish sandpaper for my random orbital sander I need the hook & loop 8 hole. The last time I bought sandpaper is was from Norton. I can't find these anymore so I'm wondering what you guys are using and where are you buying it from. I need 120 to 220 grit.

Thanks

Mike

https://www.industrialabrasives.com/hook...6bhq23hmo3

They also have other patterns. I've been using their 5" disks with the Festool pattern and it is good stuff.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(05-13-2021, 08:28 AM)Rob Young Wrote: https://www.industrialabrasives.com/hook...6bhq23hmo3

They also have other patterns. I've been using their 5" disks with the Festool pattern and it is good stuff.

Rob,

Thanks. That's what I was looking for 50 in a box at a good price. I did find the Norton brand but not the 3X version I have. I guess they don't make them anymore. 

Thanks

Mike
I have found that many of the discs can be washed and their life extended.  I simply run them under a faucet and brush with a nylon brush.  Eventually the grit will get smooth and won't cut well anymore but you can feel that by running your fingers over the surface. 

I suppose some of these are paper backed and you cannot wash those.  But all the ones I get lately allow for washing.  I can usually get about 90 to 95 percent of the clogging out by just running the water and using that nylon brush.

(I use a brush meant for cleaning hands and nails.  Cheap and stiff enough to get the job done.)
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Hi Guys,

Thanks

Mike

FWIW the gator brand they sell at Lowes is mostly what I use and it is not so great. I've had much better luck getting sandpaper from one of the on-line places others have mentioned but I never remember to do this when I need it and I always end up buying the junk Lowes sandpaper.
Someone posted here or on Working FB of a guy testing various sand papers.  I can't remember which one finish #1 but #2 was the Diabo from Home Depot - the mesh one.  #3 was Diabo standard disc.

I have been using them for quite some time and am happy with them - the mesh does last longer.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I normally get my ROS paper from Klingspor, but have gotten several packages of the Diablo discs from HD and it seems to be pretty decent stuff.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

3M Cubitron. 

Works with any hole pattern.