Garage sale finds
I think I got lucky at a garage sale today.  I got two Sargent planes,  714, and 414, a Viking breast drill, and a set of numbered drill bits(some are missing).  All for $25.00.  The 714's blade is pretty much wore out (Do I have to grind down something else to get a better one)?  I don't find much on the internet about Sargent planes, and the 714 was worth the money just to bring it home and play with it.  714 needs some tote work and with the number 10 painted on it I suspect it might have been a school plane, but other than the blade being used up, it's in great shape.

I also can't find really anything about the Viking breast drill.  It's in pretty good shape and I might resell it.  It is very similar to a Miller Falls (I think) that I already have.

Very nice finds - lucky you! Lee Valley carries some very nice aftermarket irons that might work out for the big boy.

Doug
Wow, that's a nice assortment of tools for $25.  Congrats.
I've got a Seargent VBM (Very Best Made), about the size of a Stanly #3. Nice, stout little plane. One of my favorites.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS