Truck bed crown
(05-15-2021, 02:16 PM)Tankwood Wrote: Thank you Darknight !
So your seeing my photos ok?  You must be a person of great privilege..    
Smile
Nice that you have good taste in football as well.  
admin:
no complaints here , glad I discovered this place ,  
I will put my listening  ears on and just maybe learn a few tricks of the hobby
thats the reason I joined...

(05-17-2021, 08:25 AM)Redman Wrote: Nothing works for me to see the pics.

I wasn't aware of the quote thing, but it worked for me....how weird is that? Redman, hit the "reply" button inside the text box of the original post, instead of "quote" and then "new reply".
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(05-14-2021, 11:50 PM)Tankwood Wrote: Built  this bed crown and other wood enhancements for our old truck.   
Wood is tank redwood brass hardware copper and aluminum for final assembly,

Enjoyable project that my son and I did over a few  summers years back,

Thought I would share.  The crown corner connection at the cab is one of a kind
as far as joinery goes. A head scratcher for conversation over the years due to the blind double 
stake corner connection.  Fun stuff ! 

I love a challenge to do something out of the ordinary plus plus my young son learned from it. 
hard to beat that !

Be safe

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=14867&d=1515831111]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=14872&d=1515886938]
The flag pole is redwood as well with silver tooled top &  Eagle cap,
and course it is lit a night,
Smile

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=15725&d=1600539780]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=15723&d=1600539777]
The tailgate and bed floor is made of green washed hardwood..
Copper inlays and subtle hand painting as a final touch..  

Wood is good!
Thanks for looking !

(05-15-2021, 10:57 AM)Aram Wrote: Hi Tankwood,

Great having you on the forum. I cannot see any photos from any of your posts. I'd like to. I hope you can figure it out.

(05-17-2021, 06:44 AM)Darknight Wrote: Sorry, I still don't see the pics in the main screen of your post. I took the advise from someone on the other post that recommended doing a 'reply' with 'Quote' enabled and I could see the pictures in that reply. Not really sure why that works, but it did...
Raised

(05-17-2021, 06:52 AM)Roly Wrote: Thanks for the tip on how to see the pictures, it worked for me also.   Roly
I tried reply quote and still can't see the pictures.
(05-17-2021, 08:28 PM)thewalnutguy Wrote: I tried reply quote and still can't see the pictures.

Me either.  Or neither.  Whatever - and it's too bad because it sounds interesting.  
Yes
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(05-17-2021, 08:31 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Me either.  Or neither.  Whatever - and it's too bad because it sounds interesting.  
Yes

Thank you for that comment,  I am glad it peaked your interest.
It was a cool project..   

and I agree with you 100% either Or neither.  Whatever     
Smile

Nope- no pictures
What the Heck, Give it a Try
(05-18-2021, 07:35 AM)Bucko Wrote: Nope- no pictures

no pictures... what's a crown?
WoodNET... the new safespace
Maybe when I post I should be entering the size in the prompt box below the image address
I am using a hosting site from another venue. the HTTP thing..

No photos for now so moving on, I will keep lurking around , and try again one day.

Bucko -The truck crown is the wood fencing placed on top the truck bed.
OK guys, here you gos (maybe), just one of 2-3 he posted in the OP.

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(05-19-2021, 08:20 AM)fredhargis Wrote: OK guys, here you gos (maybe), just one of 2-3 he posted in the OP.

Ahhh, so that's what he built.  Interesting.  Love the truck, too.  
Cool

Oh, and I knew if I whined enough, along with many others, someone who could see the pics would upload them to this site.  
Laugh
Big Grin
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Wow , nice.  I couldn't see the pics either.  I'd love to see more of that truck.

Are the pics in facebook or other social media?