Cordless wet dry vac experiances
Tired of yanking the corded vac around the shop. Would like to get a small hand carry version to pick shavings around the lathe and drill press. Anyone have any experience with these. Recommendations? Thanks
I have an 18v Makita personally and an 18v Milwaukee at work. Both work very well. I have seen other contractors use the Dewalt version, I can't say yay or nay for it. Both the Makita and Milwaukee work pretty good.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I've got a Rigid. That's what my cordless tools are, so that's why I got it. I've been very satisfied with it. Search on you tube for project farm. He did a test of cordless shop vacs that was pretty thorough.
shifty
I have the Milwaukee and really like it.  Keep in mind you will need to use a larger capacity battery if you want to use it for an extended amount of time.  I have an 8ah in it and that allows me to use it for several days without having to recharge.  But a 5 also works well for a couple of days.  This is all based on how long I personally use it at a time of course.

[Image: reds-pinks-milwaukee-wet-dry-vacuums-088...4_1000.jpg]
Photo 
(05-21-2021, 07:02 PM)hatline Wrote: Tired of yanking the corded vac around the shop. Would like to get a small hand carry version to pick shavings around the lathe and drill press. Anyone have any experience with these. Recommendations? Thanks

I bought this for around the house since I already had other Dewalt products and I did not need to buy batteries. Works good and the black nozzle comes off for hard to reach areas. The bottom drops off easy to empty the bin and it has a filter too. You can get for around $99 for the tool only.

Attached Files Image(s)

Video 
These guys have the best cordless vacuum program going right now. 

https://www.makitatools.com/products/sea...rdless-vac
My Ryobi works well.  I already had the batteries.
(05-22-2021, 09:00 AM)Mike 55 Wrote: I bought this for around the house since I already had other Dewalt products and I did not need to buy batteries. Works good and the black nozzle comes off for hard to reach areas. The bottom drops off easy to empty the bin and it has a filter too. You can get for around $99 for the tool only.

I got that same 18V Dewalt at the recommendation of the HVAC maintenance guys at work.

It was totally worthless with the original NiMH batteries. When I got some of the replacement LiIon batteries it became somewhat useful, but it has been years since I bothered to use it.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(05-23-2021, 02:29 AM)iclark Wrote: I got that same 18V Dewalt at the recommendation of the HVAC maintenance guys at work.

It was totally worthless with the original NiMH batteries. When I got some of the replacement LiIon batteries it became somewhat useful, but it has been years since I bothered to use it.

Mine uses a 20 volt 5 AH Lithium Ion battery. For around the house it does the job rather than pulling the regular vac for small jobs. I can't imagone the 2 volt difference makes that big of a deal.
(05-23-2021, 07:39 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Mine uses a 20 volt 5 AH Lithium Ion battery. For around the house it does the job rather than pulling the regular vac for small jobs. I can't imagone the 2 volt difference makes that big of a deal.

For me, going from 18V NiMH to 18V LiIon made a world of difference. It went from a total waste of money to an okay (not wonderful) mini-vac.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.