Flex Seal on a Pool Wall
I am replacing the liner in my pool.  There are spots around the bottom edge where it has started to rust.  I am wondering about spraying on flex seal or a similar product not to stop any leaks but to add some protection before I put the liner it.  This would only be on the bottom few inches of the pool wall.  Is this worth the time and money to do it?

i wouldnt use flex seal. imo, its overpriced rubberized undercoating.
an oil based exterior paint? id probably use that allowing suffecient dry time
Thanks. I’m try to figure out if it’s just a feel good or will actually help.

I suggest a rust reformer then galvanize (zinc) from a rattle can.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(05-22-2021, 09:27 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: I suggest a rust reformer then galvanize (zinc) from a rattle can.

+1

This will stop the rust and actually act as a primer, although I would still use a real primer.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Hey Crockett, a spammer just resurrected your planting a lawn in clay thread from a year ago. It got me thinking.. Did you ever get that lawn going??? I've found a product for crappy soil that turns it into good soil. It's worked for me with sandy soil but it's really made for clay soil. It takes about 2 years to completely repair the soil but my results have been good and I put it down last fall. Twice a year, spread it before a rain or water it in. We haven't had rain in a while, hoping for some thunderstorms soon.

We have 1 good lawn on our street. Finally I asked the guy what he is doing and he told me about Love Your Soil. I'm doing some other things too but this I believe is the key.

Best price I've seen is at WalMart

Go to 6:27 in this video
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(05-23-2021, 08:29 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: +1

This will stop the rust and actually act as a primer, although I would still use a real primer.

I've had my liner replaced twice. First by a guy I'd call less than professional in hindsight.. That guy just put duct tape over any rusty spots on the steel seams and walls. 
10yrs later, liner #2 went in by a professional company.. They took the time to remove the rust, use some bondo (I think) in spots and then a primer and some other sort of sealant, before putting the liner in.

Truth be told, I took pix the first time prior to the "non pro" guy covering it with duct tape, and again when the pro team removed the duct tape..  The rusting did not appear to have gotten any worse in that 10yrs!
(05-23-2021, 01:49 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Hey Crockett, a spammer just resurrected your planting a lawn in clay thread from a year ago. It got me thinking.. Did you ever get that lawn going??? I've found a product for crappy soil that turns it into good soil. It's worked for me with sandy soil but it's really made for clay soil. It takes about 2 years to completely repair the soil but my results have been good and I put it down last fall. Twice a year, spread it before a rain or water it in. We haven't had rain in a while, hoping for some thunderstorms soon.

We have 1 good lawn on our street. Finally I asked the guy what he is doing and he told me about Love Your Soil. I'm doing some other things too but this I believe is the key.

Best price I've seen is at WalMart

Go to 6:27 in this video

No I did not.   I wanted to do sod.  The lovely Mrs. Crokett did not want to pay for the sod.  It's still mostly weeds, though the crabgrass tends to take over.  The only problem with the crabgrass is it's a warm season grass so doesn't really get started until the middle of May.  Thanks for the tip, I will keep it in mind if we ever do something about it...

(05-22-2021, 09:27 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: I suggest a rust reformer then galvanize (zinc) from a rattle can.

I put a rust reformer on it.  I will look for the galvanized stuff in a spray can.  Thanks.