Delta 31-695 won't stop running.
Am I to assume the switch is bad? When you cut it off it keeps going. Unplug to stop. No other issues.

This is the disc/belt sander on a stand.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(05-25-2021, 10:43 PM)Scott W Wrote: Am I to assume the switch is bad? When you cut it off it keeps going. Unplug to stop. No other issues.

This is the disc/belt sander on a stand.

Yes, the switch sounds bad -  could be a part is broken so that while the lever moves, it does not move a conductor inside the switch, or wires or conductors in the switch have a short
(05-26-2021, 05:44 AM)barryvabeach Wrote: Yes, the switch sounds bad -  could be a part is broken so that while the lever moves, it does not move a conductor inside the switch, or wires or conductors in the switch have a short

Those switches are not very robust. I have had to replace several on different Delta machines. You can get replacements through e-replacement parts or better yet, rig up a heavy duty toggle switch.
Thanks. Gonna order one then. 

Thanks
I had the same problem with the starter motor on my old Lexus.  I could not drive the car because the starter motor kept spinning.  I had to disconnect the battery.  

It, too required a new switch.  Apparently a very fine switch as it cost $350.00 plus installation.  Close to $500.00 when I was done (plus towing).

Luckily Deltas don't have steering column switches and it is likely to cost less, and  likely no towing involved either.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-26-2021, 02:16 PM)Cooler Wrote: I had the same problem with the starter motor on my old Lexus.  I could not drive the car because the starter motor kept spinning.  I had to disconnect the battery.  

It, too required a new switch.  Apparently a very fine switch as it cost $350.00 plus installation.  Close to $500.00 when I was done (plus towing).

Luckily Deltas don't have steering column switches and it is likely to cost less, and  likely no towing involved either.
True...but I had listed it and had a buyer. I just flipped it on to blow some dust out and it wouldn't cut off...so it did cost some money I guess.
I had a problem with my Delta drill press. Even though the on-off switch moved, it  had "fused" in the on position inside. I took it off, unsnapped it apart and broke it free. Has been working since.
(05-28-2021, 09:05 AM)jeffss Wrote: I had a problem with my Delta drill press. Even though the on-off switch moved, it  had "fused" in the on position inside. I took it off, unsnapped it apart and broke it free. Has been working since.

The switch toggles on and off.  Thanks though
(05-28-2021, 02:20 PM)Scott W Wrote: The switch toggles on and off.  Thanks though

Yes, mine did too.
(05-28-2021, 03:53 PM)jeffss Wrote: Yes, mine did too.

If I remember correctly, the toggle forced together a piece of spring steel to the other contact. When turned off, the toggle goes down to relieve pressure but the metal is stuck together.