Digital Angle Gauge?
Lots out there to choose from.

Looking for what you have learned and what is good and what is junk.

Thanks
I have had the Wixey version for a long time.  I am happy, although I do remove the battery after each use because it *seemed* to me that it drained it just sitting around.
Get one with a flip up screen--much easier to read in many instances. I've had good luck with a Wixey--no battery issues either.

[Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWE4noAfVFmZLidDY2S...q&usqp=CAY]

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Tilt box, best out there
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Wish they had the tilt screen when I got my Wixey.  I've had it a long time, maybe 13 years.  I doubt I've replaced more than four batteries.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(05-26-2021, 05:37 PM)museumguy Wrote: Tilt box, best out there

I got Tilt Box II from Lee Valley. I concur, it is excellent.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(05-26-2021, 01:26 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Lots out there to choose from.

Looking for what you have learned and what is good and what is junk.

Thanks
I bought a Wixey and returned it...Accuracy was off by several degrees and was not repeatable...If you want real accuracy, get a vernier.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Happy with my Wixey and is acurate and repeatable. maybe i got lucky, don't know it's the only one I have ever owned. Do agree with the battery removal though. Can't really remember why i started doing that but probably due to battery life.
As I recall, the early Wixey's were subject to very quick battery drain.  I believe they fixed that problem in later models.  The one I have still has the same battery it came with.  I've never removed it.  I haven't used it in a while, but the last time I did, it worked fine and the battery was at least a few years old.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I don't remember when I got my Wixey; has to be at least 14 years ago.  I've never experienced the battery drain issue others talk about.  I've only replaced the battery a couple of times in all those years.