power washer extension wand
I have a 2600 psi Excell power washer (5 HP Honda engine) that I bought at HD about 10 yrs ago. I've got mold and mildew growing at heights that exceed its reach. Would an extension wand work with this size unit? If so, any recommendations on what to look for? Thanks.
Bring a spare tip with you to the store. The extension that has the same male should have the mating female on the other end to put your tip in. A long one with a slight angleĀ  on top works well.

STOP! Don't do it. We don't need to read your wise comments.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
No stores near me stock extension wands, so I would have to order and check the fit when it arrives. I contacted the manufacturer and have not heard back yet.

Is there anything truly unique about extension rods, or can they be assembled with common plumbing pipes and connections? Looking at the extension wands on Amazon, they look pretty simple. I figure a 10' extension would work for my needs, so five 24" pipes and connectors would be more than enough. I figure i would need also to afix a long, thin, light-weight stick of some kind about 1.5 feet from the tip for control.

Anyone done this?
My dad made an 8' long one from 1/4" pipe....turned out to be a mistake as the wand had so much leverage he couldn't hold it very long.

Ed
Ed, that's why I figured on adding a pole of some kind near the tip end for stability. I saw a pro house cleaner add something like that for control. He sprayed with one hand and controlled the tip direction with the other. A little awkward, but effective. I also figured attaching short lengths instead of one long pipe would add rigidity too. Did your dad use one long pipe or several small ones?
One long piece. He also put a clamp on handle on it, I think that came from Northern Tool.

Ed