5 1/2 hand plane
(05-31-2021, 08:53 AM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Peugeot would be fine; just don't get one made by Renault, because it will break down all the time.

Politics and industry don't mix. Remember R-10? I got 32mpg flat out (90/95) in Montana. The valves float at 105. The kid brother lost a needle valve and stuck a stick in for 45mpg. I never had a chance to get stuck in a Peugeot.

I like whole numbers for my planes. Boeing.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
I have a Type 17 Stanley No. 5-1/2 ( 2-3/8" wide iron).....however..have been using a Millers Falls No. 15 a LOT more....and it "only" has a 2-1/4" wide iron.....it also does NOT chatter in use.    YMMV, of course.....

BTW:   Also have a pair of Stanley Type 10 No. 6s.....and one is even a "c" model....I tend to size the plane to the size of the work being done.    Somedays..it might even be a Stanley No. 5-1/4, or a Millers Falls No. 11.....all depends on the size/length/width of the task being done.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that