Using grey PVC For Sprinkler
I buried some grey PVC under my driveway a few years ago for a radio fence that we don’t use any longer.  I know grey pvc isn’t pressure rated.  Would be a problem if I repurposed it for a sprinkler line? I could then pull the sprinklers straight off the well

I thought the gray was schedule 80.
VH07V  
Gray as in conduit?  can be schedule 40 or 80.

You are putting relatively little pressure in it...right?  Very little consequence if it fails, right?  Sprinkler will be on a timer so even if it fails, the blowout won't last long, right?  Are you "free" in your town/city/county/village/township to do such things without inspectors getting upset?

I'd probably do it.

What diameter?  Could you push 1/2" PEX through it?  I'd probably do that first...but if that won't work, sure...use it.
I would glue white pvc or black poly to it and pull it through. The grey would probably work though.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(05-30-2021, 07:27 PM)crokett™ Wrote: I buried some grey PVC under my driveway a few years ago for a radio fence that we don’t use any longer.  I know grey pvc isn’t pressure rated.  Would be a problem if I repurposed it for a sprinkler line? I could then pull the sprinklers straight off the well

I've used quite a lot of it for above ground sprinkler pipe since it doesn't degrade in sun light the way the white stuff does.  I've never had a problem with any of it not holding pressure.
(05-30-2021, 10:04 PM)JosephP Wrote: Gray as in conduit?  can be schedule 40 or 80.

You are putting relatively little pressure in it...right?  Very little consequence if it fails, right?  Sprinkler will be on a timer so even if it fails, the blowout won't last long, right?  Are you "free" in your town/city/county/village/township to do such things without inspectors getting upset?

I'd probably do it.

What diameter?  Could you push 1/2" PEX through it?  I'd probably do that first...but if that won't work, sure...use it.

I don't remember the diameter.  I think it's 3/4.  Over the years I've learned to not go any smaller than 3/4 conduit.   I'll see if I can get some pex through it, if not I'll use it.