Ceiling Fan Direction
This reminds me of the toilet paper roll controversy, except the to actually had a patent that clearly showed the "right" way...
LOL
If it's summer and I'm sweating I want a downflow.  

If I'm already cold I don't want downflow making it worse so that's when I reverse the fan.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Having rental houses, I found when the tenant has the fans blowing up, the ceiling gets dirty, 

I epoxy the switch in the down mode
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
We turn off the ceiling fans in the winter...
Both.
Big Grin

Seriously, the fan in the living room is Pull air Up in the summer and Push air Down in winter. In our bedrooms, push down year round. We sleep better that way, even with the windows open in the fall/winter when temps are not below freezing. I used to sleep on a screened in second floor porch in a old style feather bed in the winter in Joplin, Missouri. The sink in so far you almost do  not need a blanket kind.
Big Grin
Down in the summer.
After working out in the heat all day I often radiate heat.
I want that cool breeze hitting me 
Yes
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(06-02-2021, 02:28 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: Down in the summer, up in the winter.

Don't ask me why, just do it.

+1
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Ceiling fan direction is what ever you want, not what someone else tells you.
Run it the way you want....