Sheartak Spiral Cutterhead for WOODMASTER 718 Planer
(06-16-2021, 05:09 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I see what you mean about the chip collection, that must be a real surprise. Did you notice the reduced noise?

It was a surprise. I had noticed little holes in the valleys of the hose coming down to it. It is my most used hose as it hooks to all my portable machines. I am going to order in some more hose and see if that makes a difference.
Maybe take the Bag down from my PSI cyclone and clean it out a bit as I was doing quite a bit of sanding previously.
The noise was reduced from what I can remember. I have had the sanding head on it for a couple of years and relying on my DW 733 for the planning tasks. A lot quieter than the DW that's for sure.
I was very pleased with the finish to say the least. Glass smooth with no lines.
As I worked the stock previously you would learn which direction to feed it that produced the least tear out. With this head, it seemed it did not matter.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.