Miter Sled - should I keep
The Dubby is basically a sled. It has some bells and chisels as fare as the fence goes in that the it came with a flip stop and is adjustable as far as length of cut. The  bar slides out so the stop can be positioned farther away from the cut line. If the fence is set according to the 5 cut method ( See William Nu's You Tube video) the  perpendicularity (Square cut) is  awesome. Also there is an ark slot cut in the sled for angle cuts and piece of steel in the side with all the common angles marked which is extremely accurate. An example is a 30 degree angle the side opposite the angle in one inch is .5 or 1/2 an inch. On a traditional miter gage the hypotonus  maybe 3 inches at the most. So if the miter gage is off 1/10 of a degree in 3 inches, it would be 5 time greater if it was 15 inches away. In other wards the side opposite the angle at 30 degrees is .5  for one inch, but it is 7.5 inches at 15 inches. In other wards it will cut those angles more accurately than anything you have in your shop now. 

In otherward it would be my pick to cut an 8 sided object, or even a 4 sided one.

Some people buy two one right handed and one left handed. Also a piece of plywood can be put in the table to keep the cut off from dropping down and possibly becoming a missal hazard when the cut is completed.

All in all it would be my choice over an Incra sled. And I would by all means keep it and count myself very fortunate to get it at the price you did.

Tom