Miter Sled - should I keep
A friend was cleaning out his shop and brought a miter sled he had purchased several years ago but was only gathering dust.

A Dubby

I watched a video of how to set it up and its use presented by the inventor - Jerry Cole.

I was surprised to find it fit my tablesaw perfectly.

I have several shop made sleds for my tablesaw but not one like this.

Should I make room for another jig ?

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

Yup, make room for another jig

Looks nice
Sure, I would. Can't have too many jigs, or sleds.
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
I bought one of those close to 20 years ago for the saw I had then and then decided I needed a different saw before putting it to use.  Now I have a brand new vintage Dubby that doesn't fit my saw.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I'd most certainly make room for it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(06-05-2021, 10:55 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I bought one of those close to 20 years ago for the saw I had then and then decided I needed a different saw before putting it to use.  Now I have a brand new vintage Dubby that doesn't fit my saw.

A replacement base can be purchased from the manufacturer which can be cut to fit your saw.

Bill
Can this new sled do everything your other sleds do? If so, give some of those away and keep the new one.

Woodworkers are known junk collectors...I know because I've been to many garage sales where woodworkers left behind hardly used tools, accessories and fixtures.

Simon
(06-05-2021, 10:46 PM)Wizard of Oz Wrote: Sure, I would.  Can't have too many jigs, or sleds.

That's because most people make them good for one function only. I try to make only versatile jigs that each serves at least as 2 jigs. If I can't, I repurpose some of them. If a jig has not been used for 8 to 10 years, I cannibalize it.

Jigs and patterns/templates are different things. I have lots of templates but they don't take up space.

The microjig ultimate jig can do I think 4 or 5 functions, for example. That's 5 jigs in 1.

Simon
The amount of use you would have for it, I would make room for it!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Dubby is still in business.  They are currently listing that device for $180.00.  Spare parts are available.

https://www.in-lineindustries.com/produc...-saw-sled/

I've never used it, but it appears to be well-made.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.