Ceiling fan light dimmer?
With a wall switch feeding power to a ceiling fan with a light, you can't  use a wall dimmer for the lights.
Does anyone sell a in fan light dimmer switch?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I have 5 of these installed in my house ... Fan Dimmer

In fact, I have every single light including the fan lights on switch dimmers.
If it's a new fan with a remote, it may not be dimmable from a wall switch. They use a 2 wire + gnd and there is no way to rig it for a 3rd wire dimmer. It's hard to find them now without a remote. I learned this after I installed dimmer switches in the remodeled bedrooms and ran a 3 wire+gnd to the fan J-Box.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(06-06-2021, 05:45 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: If it's a new fan with a remote, it may not be dimmable from a wall switch. They use a 2 wire + gnd and there is no way to rig it for a 3rd wire dimmer. It's hard to find them now without a remote. I learned this after I installed dimmer switches in the remodeled bedrooms and ran a 3 wire+gnd to the fan J-Box.

This is a great point ... I purposely found Hunter fans without the remotes since I did want to use a dimmer.
(06-06-2021, 09:32 PM)cams2705 Wrote: This is a great point ... I purposely found Hunter fans without the remotes since I did want to use a dimmer.

So in the past year I've installed a total of 3 brand new, LED fans that came with the fancy remote control for dimming the light and fan. Two from HD (Hampton Bay brand) and one from Lowes (Harbor Breeze brand). Two in my house, one in my neighbor's. 

We both preferred to have wall mounted switches to control on/off and dim, 'cause remotes always get lost. 

In all three cases we installed the Lutron Maestro switch ($$ but works well) and have simply removed the remote control unit from the fan itself, just bypassed it wired directly through and in all 3 cases it's worked fine.

edit: this did require using 12-3 wire (white/black/red/ground)
(06-07-2021, 10:45 AM)mound Wrote: edit: this did require using 12-3 wire (white/black/red/ground)

That was going to be my question, since I didn't see where the posted wall unit had a complementary receiver in the fan.  So it's just a tandem control.  Which is a fine way to do it.  
Yes  

But it does take three conductors, which may make a problem for some installations. 
No
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(06-07-2021, 01:13 PM)TDKPE Wrote: That was going to be my question, since I didn't see where the posted wall unit had a complementary receiver in the fan.  So it's just a tandem control.  Which is a fine way to do it.  
Yes  

But it does take three conductors, which may make a problem for some installations. 
No

Very true. I forgot to mention these were all brand new installs, so I was fishing wire up anyway.
I would need a dimmer that would fit in the light housing of the fan.
Fan and light shares the power from the wall switch.
Has to be for dimmable led bulbs
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer