UPDATED with PHOTOS: FS: S4S Black Walnut Cedar; Spring, TX 77389.
I have a large stack of wood that I am selling: S4S Black Walnut (from the midwest) that I was never able to turn into cabinets.

45+ boards of walnut in varying sizes, 4 to 8 inch wide and mostly 6 feet long and 3/4 inch thick.  Some boards over 8 feet long.

I don't know what market value is. All serious offer will be considered. I'm in the middle of a lot of house projects, so ping my cell phone at 281. three eighty-seven. twenty-eight seventy-four.

Attached Files Image(s)

So seems like no one is interested in this wood. Would anyone be willing to share their thoughts on what might be wrong with my post? It's fabulous wood, so I'm a bit baffled!
I'd love to have it, but I am in South Carolina.

Not sure why it hasn't been snatched up..
(06-08-2021, 04:22 PM)- Dave - Wrote: So seems like no one is interested in this wood. Would anyone be willing to share their thoughts on what might be wrong with my post? It's fabulous wood, so I'm a bit baffled!

Technically, posts in SnS are required to include an asking price. Specifying a percentage of current customary prices while seeking discussion of current customary prices is pushing that rule a little bit.

The bigger problem is that this is going to be a local sale unless your photos convince someone to take a drive.

Your photo of part of one board probably doesn't have the impact that you would need to have someone drive from Louisiana or Ft Worth. I do not see anything "fabulous" about the wood in the pic. But, it is a small pic and there is little grain or feature that I can see on my screen.

Please note that I am not suggesting that the wood is not fabulous. I am only saying that the pic does not convey a reason to burn a tank of gas and a whole day of one's life to come get it.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
You are also trying to sell two drastically different types of wood together. Not everyone is going to want both, or even have room for both. Prices and more details would help too.

I appreciate the feedback, thank you.
I'll clear things out and get better pictures, get a better estimate on bf, and possibly split this up.
(06-09-2021, 07:16 AM)- Dave - Wrote: I appreciate the feedback, thank you.
I'll clear things out and get better pictures, get a better estimate on bf, and possibly split this up.

I prefer to make initial contact though email, wo an initial price I'm not even going to start I just assume its going to be way more then I'm willing to pay and there's no starting place.  my .02
(06-09-2021, 07:16 AM)- Dave - Wrote: I appreciate the feedback, thank you.

thank you.

I look forward to seeing the wood and drooling over it. Unfortunately, 1000mi+ is too far for a wood run for me.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
75% of today’s market value is a real windfall for you and easily 2x what you invested. 

Unlikely you’ll sell this w/o breaking it up.  But, more power to you.
(06-10-2021, 06:31 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: 75% of today’s market value is a real windfall for you and easily 2x what you invested. 

Unlikely you’ll sell this w/o breaking it up.  But, more power to you.

around here (the area the OP is in) hardwoods and cedar haven't jumped like construction lumber has

I've reached out to the OP - I'm interested and live not to far from him

Biggest problem with the walnut is the max length of 6 feet  That really hurts it imho.  Regardless I am interested as I have told Dave