Sliding CMS Recommendations
"I love my Kapex, and have no regrets. But I kept my Milwaukee slider in case I ever need to stick frame something. A construction grade miter the Kapex is not."

I gave it some thought, especially when I saw one on the recon site. I'm sure I would like it. This saw would never be portable, do the good dust collection isn't as much of a factor. I have a couple of 4" lines with openings right behind the saw in the station that do a good job.

For portable work, I still have my 20 year old Craftsman 10" CMS on a portable stand, which does fine for trim. If I ever start a trim carpentry business where I have to work inside of finished homes, I'll get a Kapex.

At this point, I'm leaning towards the Bosch. One might follow me home tomorrow.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(06-09-2021, 09:19 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: At this point, I'm leaning towards the Bosch.  One might follow me home tomorrow.

If it does, please let us know how you like/dislike it.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I did end up with the Bosch. Of course, I forgot to use my dang coupon I had on my phone. It seems good so far, but I have not used it yet. I'm currently rearranging and modifying my miter saw setup.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I bought a Hitachi C12RSH 3 years ago and it has proven itself to be a good tool.   It has a laser which is easily put on either side of the blade.  It replaced a 20+ YO Makita 9".
I have the Bosch 12" axial glide. Its a good saw, but IMO for $600 it should have a laser and it should have better indexing.

One of the big issues was slop in the PLASTIC (are you kidding me????) indexing lever. After tightening that up it's better, but when I want to be 100% sure of my cuts, I cannot rely on this saw! I use a table saw sled.

There is also detectable runout in the arbor. I can wiggle the blade and there is detectable and audible movement at the arbor. Too much IMO. I believe this leads to inaccurate cuts when sliding.

Admittedly these things could just be my particular saw, but I point them out for you to check. I strongly suggest you check all this out before you throw the box away ;-)

Had to do over, I would return the saw and buy the DeWalt w/laser.
(06-09-2021, 04:45 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: I love my Kapex, and have no regrets. But I kept my Milwaukee slider in case I ever need to stick frame something.  A construction grade miter the Kapex is not.

Me too, but I replaced the blade with a Forrest blade. They make it with a large hole for  the Kapex.

....and I have a Makita for rough and portable use.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I'm very happy with my Makita LS1214, but it hasn't been made in a while....
chris