Toothpaste...
(06-10-2021, 07:39 AM)AHill Wrote: That's funny.  Years ago, my luggage didn't make it to my destination with my flight, so the airline provided me a courtesy toiletries kit.  In the kit was a very small container of deoderant, about the size of a Chapstick tube.  When I finally got home, I just threw all that stuff in my bathroom drawer and forgot about it...

...until my daughter asked is she could borrow some Chapstick...

...yes, it happened.  Deoderant flavored Chapstick.

Laugh Pays to read the label first!!!!!!
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-10-2021, 08:39 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ...........

Laugh  Pays to read the label first!!!!!!
Big Grin

I would bet there's a pile of millennials reading this thread that don't have a clue about what life is, when you start getting long in the tooth!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(06-10-2021, 12:59 PM)Tony Z Wrote: I would bet there's a pile of millennials reading this thread that don't have a clue about what life is, when you start getting long in the tooth!

Would not doubt it one bit, Tony!!!!!!
Winkgrin
Laugh
Laugh

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-09-2021, 03:51 PM)AHill Wrote: Toothpaste also makes a great polishing agent for hardware, saw plates, drains on sinks, faucets, brass, etc.  Cheaper than a lot of other products out there.

My wife uses toothpaste to polish her rings, jewelry. I use it to fill the holes left when she gives up hanging things in a particular spot on the wall. To hide holes her decorations get bigger over the years.

Scrape it off the sink for breath mints. 

We talk like this stuff is cheap!
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
(06-09-2021, 03:01 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ......................
Right...I used to use Brylcreem when I was a chick magnet... but that ship has sailed.........
Sad
Rolleyes  
Laugh

BTW...Does this hat make my ears look big??
Confused

[Image: l-DVWr-hi-Qsm-XLAQUdh-CUdw.jpg]
I was informed that a man's ears not only catch hair sliding of the noggin, but grow longer lobes with age. So break out the shears every five years, and trim the wattle as well.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
"BTW...Does this hat make my ears look big?? [Image: yellowconfused.gif] "

Nah Timberwolf, that hat does not make your ears look big. 
On the other hand, your ears however make that hat look small. 
Winkgrin
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(06-11-2021, 08:30 AM)KyleD Wrote: "BTW...Does this hat make my ears look big?? [Image: yellowconfused.gif] "

Nah Timberwolf, that hat does not make your ears look big. 
On the other hand, your ears however make that hat look small. 
Winkgrin

Thanks....I think............
Uhoh
Winkgrin

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-09-2021, 02:50 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: "A little dab'll do ya" is actually the tag line for Brylcreem - which, with a mineral oil and beeswax base, might well make a good lubricant for moving parts on planes.

Quite a few people have, in the past, here and there, commented on the usefulness of toothpaste for fine polishing, so it certainly makes sense as a stropping paste.

But remember: floss your hand tools daily!

When I was a young ‘in, getting my buzz cut, backin the 1950’s, I thought my barber was the smartest guy on earth. Told me stuff that was verboten at home and convinced me to use Vitalis, to make the hairs at the front, stand up. Said the girls would love me.
www.metaltech-pm.com
(06-11-2021, 09:08 AM)Tony Z Wrote: When I was a young ‘in, getting my buzz cut, backin the 1950’s, I thought my barber was the smartest guy on earth.  Told me stuff that was verboten at home and convinced me to use Vitalis, to make the hairs at the front, stand up.  Said the girls would love me.

Said the girls would love me.

Did it work??? Inquirin minds want to know.....
Winkgrin
Big Grin

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-11-2021, 01:03 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: .....................
Said the girls would love me.

Did it work??? Inquirin minds want to know.....
Winkgrin  
Big Grin

At that age, I wudda needed a popsicle stick to help something to stick up!
www.metaltech-pm.com