Stove and dishwasher
Need to buy a new stove and dishwasher. Any recomendations??? Also range hood. Stove will be gas.
John T.
Can't give you specific suggestions, but I can tell you that I have one of the higher end GE range hoods, and it works well, but the front corners are sharp. I hit my head on them occasionally and cut my scalp. Something I would look at if I was buying a new one in the future.

(06-10-2021, 10:02 PM)msweig Wrote: Can't give you specific suggestions, but I can tell you that I have one of the higher end GE range hoods, and it works well, but the front corners are sharp. I hit my head on them occasionally and cut my scalp. Something I would look at if I was buying a new one in the future.

I would say they all have sharp corners. The one I have now has sharp corners. May need to wear hardhat when cooking. 
Smile
John T.
I've pretty much given up any hope of appliances that mere mortals buy being of any quality. The premium names certainly are very good, but not all of us (or even most of us) can afford them. That's also true if you're looking for USA or NA made. While I absolutely love the Bosch dishwasher we have, the rest of the stuff in our kitchen are brands I won't buy again. I think the next ones will all be Whirlpool (which is a large "local" manufacturer) or one of the other brands they own. The bigger problem you may have right now is the availability of the one you want.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
In the same manner that I decide what shop tool brands to get, LOML has charge of what goes into the kitchen and laundry appliances.  She's sold on GE's Profile lineup for the kitchen.  I have to say that those appliances have done well for us.  

- We replaced the old GE Profile electric cooktop with a Profile gas cooktop and it has done well.  

- Replaced Profile single wall over with a Profile double wall oven; LOML loves that setup.

- The dishwasher is about four years old and is very quiet.  The soap dispenser gets a little balky, but that's due to hard water mineral buildup.  

- Refrigerators have been very reliable; we've had two of them in the past 20 years.  The first one got sold with the old house when we moved out to our acreage in 2014.  We shopped around for a new one and LOML settled back in with another GE Profile refrigerator that has done very well.  It's not the quietest model, but reliability is where it's at for me, so I'm satisfied.  Plus, it has two ice makers which really checks that off the list for me.

- Our Microwave is over the cooktop.  It works fine, but I would like to swap it for a drawer unit and then put in a range hood over the gas cooktop.
(06-10-2021, 09:37 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Need to buy a new stove and dishwasher. Any recomendations??? Also range hood. Stove will be gas.

Just replaced all kitchen appliances in house I bought.  Went with GE gas range, microwave and refrigerator but went with the Boscfh dishwasher because it is so super quiet.  Only a few months experience but so far so good.  Once disconcerting issue is the GE appliances only have a one year general warranty and they keep sending information suggesting buying supplemental insurance which I refuse to do.  I hope that all of it doesn't fall apart on the 1 year + 1 day anniversary
(06-11-2021, 07:13 AM)LongLook Wrote: Just replaced all kitchen appliances in house I bought.  Went with GE gas range, microwave and refrigerator but went with the Boscfh dishwasher because it is so super quiet.  Only a few months experience but so far so good.  Once disconcerting issue is the GE appliances only have a one year general warranty and they keep sending information suggesting buying supplemental insurance which I refuse to do.  I hope that all of it doesn't fall apart on the 1 year + 1 day anniversary

Oh been there done that with warrenties.
John T.
Bought a 'Dual Fuel' GE gas w/eletric assist double oven range---pitiful. PITIFUL!!!!!! 

Nothing works well save for the pot boiler burner, which will boil several gallons of water quickly, but is useless for anything else. Only paid half price($500) which was still a ripoff. Tested and set gas valves, the ovens will not cook at recommended times/temps. Bought a $200 combo air fryer/convection oven that does 1,00000% better!

Last three fridges(all different brands) all shot craps at least once(ice makers on two, control for freezer/fridge on the other in less than four years. The one with warranty coverage took 30 days to repair---meaning we had to buy another unit to use. Ice makers cost $600+ to repair. Bought a countertop ice maker for $100.

Nutone exhaust fans work well(noisy).