LN guide with veritas side rabbet plane
Anyone know if the 30° Skewed Jaws for the LN honing guide will work with the veritas side rabbet plane?  If so, do you need to get both the right and left versions?
(06-14-2021, 02:19 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Anyone know if the 30° Skewed Jaws for the LN honing guide will work with the veritas side rabbet plane?  If so, do you need to get both the right and left versions?
No, but if they did work you would need both. They just don’t project enough to be secure in the jaws, which unfortunately this use case is why I bought the jaws in the first place. If you want to try it yourself, I’ll sell my R-L pair cheap!

Attached Files Image(s)

The skew angle LN uses is different than the angle Veritas uses. I tried the LN guide and for bench chisels and plane blades it worked OK with Veritas products. Mortise chisels, skew chisels, skew plane blades, no.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
(06-14-2021, 03:26 PM)cpolubin Wrote: The skew angle LN uses is different than the angle Veritas uses. I tried the LN guide and for bench chisels and plane blades it worked OK with Veritas products. Mortise chisels, skew chisels, skew plane blades, no.

Cliff

The angle on the 30* jaws matches the angle on the side rabbit plane irons precisely. The problem is the irons are two short to grip sufficiently.