Garage door seal
(06-17-2021, 07:47 PM)rlnguy Wrote: Be careful if ordering online.
Rodents chewed a big hole in my door seal last fall.
I searched online, found one that matched perfectly, according to their drawing.
Ordered it, tried to put it in, and it fell out, faster then I could slide it in.
Frustrated, I measured it-it was almost 20 thousandths smaller then the drawing they showed on the website.
No way would it ever stay in the groove.
30 day return policy-no answer when I tried several times, to call.
No reply to several emails.
Almost 40$, wasted.
I called the local Overhead Door, out of frustration, and the installed a new seal and bracket, the next morning, 130$ total, and I didn't have to do anything but watch.

I charge more if you watch. If you tell me how to do it; that's an upcharge. If you want me to fix your mistakes, you probably can't afford me. Which is o.k. because I don't really want the job anyway.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(06-17-2021, 07:47 PM)rlnguy Wrote: I called the local Overhead Door, out of frustration, and the installed a new seal and bracket, the next morning, 130$ total, and I didn't have to do anything but watch.

If you watched, was there any useful tips/tricks you can share that they used? (seriously)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
No real installation tips-except to make sure you have the right part.
I was pretty limited on space, alongside the door, when I tried to do it myself-and ended up taking the metal rail off, and laying it on sawhorses.
An extra set of hands helped-until the thing kept falling out, and I measured it.