Portable Electric Hand Planer
Good Morning, I bought a Makita 6.5amp version recently. I was going to clean up a rough plank, looked at the amount of jack plane work and thought better of it .When one came on sale, I bought it. Besides rough planks ,what are some of the other handy uses ?  I have an 8" jointer, a lunch box planer, and 14" project planer. THX
A man of foolish pursuits
I've used mine on doors. 

---
See ya later,
Bill
(06-16-2021, 10:59 AM)Bill_de Wrote: I've used mine on doors. 

---

Great on doors.
Do you use carbide cutter blades for painted doors. ?
A man of foolish pursuits
I've had that same one for at least 15 years (picked up at a yard sale so likely an earlier iteration of the current model), doors mainly, good for occasional use for fitting deck framing, trimming up 2x stock that's got funky here and there, and I guess you could use it as a powered jack, but its not easy to get real precise other than using it on dirty rough planks before taking a hand plane to it to save the plane irons.  Good for rough, approximate work with tolerances in the 1/8th to 3/8th range has been my experience.  Takes a bit of practice, take light passes.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have one but have only ever used it for carpentry applications. I really don't consider it a fine woodworking tool.
I've had a Craftsman unit for maybe 40 years.  I used it to rough out planks before I had a jointer and planer.  Knocked off the high spots so it was easier with jointer plane.  Honestly, I have not used the electric hand plane in a number of years, it just sits in it's box in case I ever need it again.
Used one to level floor joists between carpet removal and hardwood flooring installation
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(06-16-2021, 02:22 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: Do you use carbide cutter blades for painted doors. ?

My Bosch came with carbide blades installed + an extra set of carbide blades. So, I use carbide cutter blades. 
Wink

---
See ya later,
Bill