Delta RC 33 problem
I am new to the forums so if I screw things up, forgive me.  Now to the point, I have a Delta planer that is sniping the ends of the boards, fore and aft.  It has been doing it for a long time but, until recently, I could live with it.  Not anymore; can lose as much as 6" at the tail end.  What causes this and how do I correct the situation?  the problem is very pronounced when planing thinner boards, less than 1".  I tried to contact Delta but the best they would do for me is recomend repair shops that upon my making contact found out that they don't repair anymore.  Delta aint Delta anymore, at least not like it was in the 70's when I got my machines.  Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox about that.  If anyone has an idea about this problem, please let me know.
Roy
I have a DC33 planer and it has both infeed and outfeed table extensions.  If they aren't level, you will get snipe.  Another thing is how long are the boards you're planing?  The longer the boards particularly if you don't have table extensions, the more likely you will get some snipe.
That could very well be it. That would fit right in with all the other machine problems I have had lately. I will give the tables a good look. The board length does come into play some, but it will snipe on a 12 inch board as well as a 12 footer. I was able to lessen the sniping some by backing off the pressure on the feed roll springs. That took care of some of the problem but not enough. Thanks for the reply.
As the board exits the planer, lift up on the that end a little. This isn't perfect and you will develop a feel for it...but it should help. The table and extensions suggestions should also help a lot.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
If you can't adjust the tables to solve the snipe issue,  make a sled that sits inside the planer https://www.finehomebuilding.com/2009/03...aner-table   I did it for a benchtop planer and it helped
Following the advice here can minimize the snipe but it is almost impossible to eliminate it entirely. There are a couple work arounds that can help in addition to the things already mentioned. 
First, when planing multiple boards you can stagger them and make sure you start the next board before the first one is all the way through the planer. 
Second, if you have one board to plane and need that extra six inches you can use a scrap board to butt tightly up to the good boards end before it enters the planer and then butt a second scrap board up as the end of the good board is ready to disappear into the planer. You are in effect lengthening the board with the only thing holding them together being the friction of the ends butted together. 
This second method works well for me when I need all of the good board and do not want to deal with the possibility of snipe.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
To eliminate snipe on my Rockwell Invicta (same as RC 33) I just increased feed roller pressure. Keeps the board down.
I don't use any extension tables
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer