Hardwood flooring in many rooms
(06-18-2021, 10:17 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: You can always put door sweeps on the bottom of them. Come in brass that would dress them up and serve a purpose.

That too, in my opinion just about anything other than making it so high someone falls or smacks a toe.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(06-18-2021, 09:45 AM)Charger68 Wrote: Thanks, I understand how you recommend doing the thresholds.  It seems that this way would solve several problems for me.  It would allow me to do one room at a time and take a break in between without leaving too much of a mess at the doorway, it would hide any gaps between the two rooms, and it would raise the floor 3/8 inch to help close the gap below the door without creating a tripping hazard.  Would you just glue the threshold and plywood filler down or face nail too?

I usually just face nail where I can't get the nailer except for areas that get a lot of traffic (i.e. stair landings and doorways). Those areas get a couple of thick beads of fresh construction adhesive, pushed down firmly in place, then some 15ga. finish away from the highest traffic spots. Try not to step on it for a day or so. Screws are best for the filler. If you use marble at the bath, don't use construction adhesive,  It will take a while but the oils in it WILL telescope through. Use a mortar product like modified thin-set instead.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I face nailed the thresholds with 15 gage finish nails. You could also use small head finish screws and that might be a better choice.  Putty over the nail/screw holes or make matching face plugs.  I used three coats of clear oil-based poly, but whatever finish you are using on the flooring would work. The thresholds' finishes have held up remarkably well and I suspect that in most cases they get stepped over rather than stepped on.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.