fixed guard lift on older Bosch SCMS
My Bosch 3915 SCMS developed a real hitch when I tried to lower saw -- bar that lifting bearing rode on was worn/pushed down until bearing couldn't ride it and lift guard.  I had to use thumb of right hand to push guard up a little to get it past the hole and get it up out of the way.

Yesterday I got fed up and took rail off and ran a MIG bead along the top.  Took three or four passes (with MIG turned down almost all the way) to get it built up enough, then I quenched it in water to harden it and used my belt sander to smooth and shape it.

Works SOOOOO much better!
Laugh
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I don't see a picture of said repair........
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I was asked to look at a Bosch CMS a couple years ago by our local High School shop teacher that was having a similar problem.

Here is a link to the fix I came up with. Same idea without the need for a welder.

https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.ph...lade+guard

Bill