Garden hoses
(07-12-2021, 04:27 AM)KC Wrote: I woulda never watched that if I was sleeping like a normal person at 4:00am... but it was awesome.  Kinda makes me wanna go buy a hose.  
Yes

Project Farm has a lot of interesting videos to watch.   Roly
(07-12-2021, 01:47 AM)bmich Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1m0YTxBKqE

Well, I'm subscribed to Proj Farm, and this is a new one.  Was traveling and then doing other things.  Guess I'll watch it when I'm in for lunch today.  

My Menard's list has hose couplers on it to cut the permanent kinks out of the hoses.
(07-13-2021, 08:16 AM)WxMan Wrote: Well, I'm subscribed to Proj Farm, and this is a new one.  Was traveling and then doing other things.  Guess I'll watch it when I'm in for lunch today.  

My Menard's list has hose couplers on it to cut the permanent kinks out of the hoses.

I bought the Zero G hose a couple of years ago and have been disappointed in it, so I was surprised it scored as high as it did in many areas on PF's testing.  It may be hard to kink once its full of water as shown in the video (I don't know about that I think I got it to kink that way, too), but if there are any little kinks in it *before* you pressurize it with water, they will not unkink on their own.  I had originally planned on using this hose on a reel (as someone earlier in the thread mentioned, I have not found a reel, yet, that I liked, either, for similar reasons) but seeing how you essentially have to stretch it out and unkink it to get any flow out each time you turn on the water, that it probably would not work too well once on a reel.  It has held up fairly well, though, it's been outside exposed to all sorts of weather since I have owned it, been stepped on, I think I even drove over the hose (not the fittings) with my Highlander, but it's still going weak.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!