Peg Board or Alternative
Google slat wall or flow wall. They are horizontal boards with grooves cut in them that accept hooks similar to peg board hooks, but much easier to attach and detach. You can also purchase racks for peg boards that have built-in screwdriver or hand tool grippers, storage trays, shelves, etc. My last shop was peg boards, but the attach gear was industrial grade pegs like Triton. I can't remember the brand of a similar product that had a mix of different kinds of pegs. Lee Valley's equivalent to Triton pegs are Talon.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I used the Talon Peg board clips and have been quite happy with them. They are very secure
Just scanned the Talon hooks on the Lee Valley web site - pricey. As an aside, I love Lee Valley but find their web site uncomfortable to use and not very intuitive.

Still looking around for the best solution for me.

Doug
I use the 1/4" pegboard and hooks. Buy good hooks and they will stay put. They are designed to go in and fit tight.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Different people organized in different ways.  Some like a designated spot in a drawer, others like to see it on the wall.

When I had my picture framing shop I as perfectly organized.   Once I opened it, I really never added any tools.  So I had a spot for everything and everything went back in the right spot.

But now I add tools and that creates a mess.  Where to put the new tools?  Where to put the old ones.

I am also a big believer in multiples of the same tools.  In the framing business, I had several workstations.  I had duplicates of pliers, screw drivers, utility knives, tape dispensers, etc.  It was vastly more efficient to have a full array of tools at each station rather than going to another to "borrow" the tool and then remembering to return it.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I like pegboard. Yes. Loose pegs popping off is aggravating. The inexpensive plastic clips (mentioned above) help but still allow the hooks to wiggle side to side. I just use soft wire to tie them on. Left over 12 or 14 ga electrical wire works well. Soft galv. steel wire also works well. I double over about 1" of the wire, put a "z'" bend in the double part, insert the "z" into a hole below the hook, wrap the rest of the wire tightly around the hook, clip off the excess and it's done. It stays put until you want to move it and it's cheap. It took longer to type this than to do two or three of them.
(07-03-2021, 03:25 PM)Willyou Wrote: I like pegboard. Yes. Loose pegs popping off is aggravating. The inexpensive plastic clips (mentioned above) help but still allow the hooks to wiggle side to side. I just use soft wire to tie them on. Left over 12 or 14 ga electrical wire works well. Soft galv. steel wire also works well. I double over about 1" of the wire, put a "z'" bend in the double part, insert the "z" into a hole below the hook, wrap the rest of the wire tightly around the hook, clip off the excess and it's done. It stays put until you want to move it and it's cheap. It took longer to type this than to do two or three of them.

I too like the idea of a peg board - had several in the past. Also like the idea of securing the hooks with copper wire (have lots of scrap from previous home projects). Having a difficult time visualizing the technique - pics would help (PM sent).

Thanks,

Doug
Here are the steps I take to make the hook ties:

Here is what it looks like when completed;

(07-05-2021, 12:11 PM)Willyou Wrote: Here are the steps I take to make the hook ties:

Here is what it looks like when completed;

Thanks for the pics!

Doug
I have both 1/4 pegboard with 1/4 inch hooks and slat wall. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.