Peg Board or Alternative
Slatwall itself is heavy, but it also holds heavy things well. I got all of mine from a dumpster outside of a strip mall clothing store that was being remodeled. I also have pegboard all over the place. It's light and it works fine for what I need it for, but it's definitely a function over form thing for me.

[Image: slatwall03.JPG]
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
(07-10-2021, 09:15 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Slatwall itself is heavy, but it also holds heavy things well.  I got all of mine from a dumpster outside of a strip mall clothing store that was being remodeled.  I also have pegboard all over the place.  It's light and it works fine for what I need it for, but it's definitely a function over form thing for me.  

[Image: slatwall03.JPG]

Forgot about slatwall. I remember back in the day, we'd throw away sooooooo much of it, it was crazy. If I only had some now.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(06-23-2021, 08:14 PM)Allen Wrote: Put a dab of hot melt glue on your hooks when you insert them in the peg board. It will hold the hooks in place but you can still remove them if you waht to.

Al

I hadn’t even thought about this.
Tested yesterday; works great.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Just curious. When you remove the hotmelt glue from the pegboard (Masonite like hardboard) doesn't it take off a layer of the hardboard?
You might get a little tear out but how often are you going to be moving the pegs around? You only need a drop to hold the peg in place, your not trying to do a glue up that needs a lot of strength. 

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Just my personal preference. Since my pegboard is painted, I would rather not have the paint pulled off when removing a hook and hotmelt glue. I'll stick to the wire ties. However, I agree that the hotmelt glue is a quick and effective way to do it.