Wireless Home Security
Just moved back into town and want to install some security in the Rental - something I can take to the new house. Any recommendations for wireless security systems?
(06-25-2021, 10:00 AM)vernonator Wrote: Just moved back into town and want to install some security in the Rental - something I can take to the new house. Any recommendations for wireless security systems?

Ring Doorbell (and related interior cameras) is a nice solution for self-monitoring..
(06-25-2021, 03:18 PM)mound Wrote: Ring Doorbell (and related interior cameras) is a nice solution for self-monitoring..

What about “Sidewalk”?
VH07V  
If I didn't have a detached shop, I'd be using Simply Safe.

My brother in CA has it, and it works well.

Oh, and you can get a smoke detector for the system as well.

https://simplisafe.com/best-security-sys...42f0e028bd
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(06-26-2021, 08:25 AM)barnowl Wrote: If I didn't have a detached shop, I'd be using Simply Safe.

My brother in CA has it, and it works well.

Oh, and you can get a smoke detector for the system as well.

https://simplisafe.com/best-security-sys...42f0e028bd

My daughter has Simply safe and really like the features
For folks using simplisafe, are they subscribing to the service or just using the local alarm?  and how often do they need to replace the batteries in the sensors?
(06-27-2021, 08:46 AM)mdhills Wrote: For folks using simplisafe, are they subscribing to the service or just using the local alarm?  and how often do they need to replace the batteries in the sensors?

My brother subscribes to the service. I don't know how often he replaces batteries, but part of my system is wireless,

and w've replaced those batteries once in about three years.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I have done some reading and SimpliSafe is on the list of most mentioned and better reviewed. I like the idea that I can just pick it all up and put it in the house once its built.
(06-25-2021, 10:00 AM)vernonator Wrote: Just moved back into town and want to install some security in the Rental - something I can take to the new house. Any recommendations for wireless security systems?

How about SimpliSafe Wireless Security system? I believe they are best in wireless security systems and read some reviews also which were mostly positive. 

Do check other also recommended to you in the forums.

Thanks.