Did I fry my dust collector
Partly it’s because off the built in remote but from what I’ve read I believe it also similar to a magnetic switch. So if the power goes out it won’t automatically turn back when when the power returns.
(06-28-2021, 09:40 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: This is totally dependent on where you live. 

No motor shop in the ATL will even look at a motor for $40, let alone repair one.

Just curious, have you actually called around and checked?     

I didn't know how cheap it would be to repair a motor compared to buying a new motor until I called and subsequently dropped the motor off for repair. It was probably closer to $60, but a lot less than a new one.
(06-29-2021, 07:42 PM)Scoony Wrote: Just curious, have you actually called around and checked?     

I didn't know how cheap it would be to repair a motor compared to buying a new motor until I called and subsequently dropped the motor off for repair. It was probably closer to $60, but a lot less than a new one.

No, I actually took the motor to a couple of shops, so they could see exactly what they’d be dealing with.  

Big waste of time.  

So , like I said , it’s dependent on where one lives.  Bottom line is be flexible.
Around here repair places charge about $100 per hour and a minimum charge of $50 just to look at whatever. Depending on thecost of the motor it might or might not be worth it Several years ago I had to replace a 5 horse 220 motor on a shaper. New motor was around $600 at that time. Now that I think about it, tthat was about 12 years ago. No idea what one would cost now.