Resurfacing a fridge
The way I like to do it.

Remove doors.
Wash doors with liquid soap.
Sand doors thoroughly, then sand with fine grit.
Wash doors again with liquid soap.
Apply primer coat.
Lightly sand or apply top coat within 15 minutes (Summer).
Apply top coat. Recoat within 10 minutes before paint starts curing.
Final coat is sprayed a little closer to the surface and evenly to give it a shiny surface- no off spray to dull it.

I prefer appliance epoxy paint, but enamel is ok.

Remove handles or other stuff or tape it up.
(07-02-2021, 03:48 PM)daddo Wrote: The way I like to do it.

Remove doors.
Apply primer coat.
Final coat is sprayed a little closer to the surface and evenly to give it a shiny surface- no off spray to dull it.

After you've painted it?
Sarcasm
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-02-2021, 03:48 PM)daddo Wrote: The way I like to do it.

Remove doors.
Apply primer coat.

The rattle can "Epoxy" is not epoxy, it is called epoxy for marketing purposes.  Epoxy is two part and you can buy epoxy paint that way in a spray can.  However, a spray can will always leave dull streaks due to the spray pattern.   professional spray system has the pattern to help with the edges.  
Buy a bunch of magnets and cover doors with pics of grandkids. Done!
If you were born under the flag of freedom, it is your duty to preserve it for future generations!

Remember-
Every time Congress is in session, we lose a little more of our freedoms.  

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/

(07-06-2021, 06:51 PM)ohtoolman Wrote: Buy a bunch of magnets and cover doors with pics of grandkids.  Done!

a ski cabin I used to go to had a beer fridge completely covered in skiing themed bumper stickers...   Cold beer, cool fridge!  
Yes
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
Rattle can paint used to share the same nozzle design as you underarm deodorant.

Krylon and Rustoleum are now using nozzles designed for paint.  I find that the results are much better.

I have gotten commendable results on horizontal surfaces (where I don't worry about runs).  So the refrigerator doors are removed and set on a flat table and they looked great.

The sides of the refrigerator looked fine, and since they were not really visible, it was not an issue. 

I would note that with oil based enamel, you can spray a light coat and 30 minutes later a heavier coat.  (When the first coat gets tacky it seems to result in fewer runs.)

But if it is going to be longer than 30 minutes, then wait 24 hours or longer for the second coat.  Otherwise the second coat's solvent will cause wrinkles on the first coat. 

In any event, I think you can get professional quality results from modern rattle cans.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.