Resurfacing a fridge
The fridge at the cabin works great but looks like crap. If I get the white appliance spray to recover the outside surfaces do I need to sand and rough up the old. I want it to look decent not like some I've seen that were done with a roller. Don't care to sink money into a new one when this one work great. Kind of like ( it aint broke so don't fix it). 
If I spray it any tips you can pass down would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.
I refinished a refrigerator.  Only the front doors have to be perfect.  The rest has to look good to very good. 

To get a perfect finish on the doors I removed the doors and hinges and handles.  Scuffed it up and used spray enamel.  I first went with a very light but even "tack coat" and when that was just sticky to the touch I sprayed out the "wet coat". 

I laid the doors out flat on a table so that there would be no runs.  I sprayed it heavy enough so that the entire surface was wet.  

If a second coat is required, wait at least 24 hours before re-spraying.  Otherwise, the solvent in the second coat will cause the first coat to wrinkle.  24 hours minimum. 

Wait a day and mount the doors back on the frig.  I ordered new gaskets at that time, there are various appliance parts vendors online.  The refrigerator looked brand new even though the sides and top has some orange peel.  (I was afraid of drips and runs so I hit the sides a bit on the light side causing the orange peel.)

I don't exactly recall, but I think I just used Rustoleum white and not appliance-specific paint.  It is over 25 years ago that I did this.  The results were worthwhile.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Scuff and spray.......
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

What's your paint budget? Do you have a spray gun?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Yes I have a HF hvlp gun new in the box. Somewhere, got it in a box lot at an auction.
I shot my refrigerator with rattle cans.  No cleanup.  The doors looked perfect.  In fact, once the new gaskets were installed the refrigerator looked like it was new.

But...the magnetic gaskets were surprisingly expensive.
I think I'd do a vinyl skin. No mess to clean up. For a cabin, see if you can find a camo pattern.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(06-29-2021, 09:54 PM)gear jammer Wrote: Yes I have a HF hvlp gun new in the box. Somewhere, got it in a box lot at an auction.

IMHO... rattle can paint will always look like rattle can paint. Consider buying a qt can of decent polyurethane or enamel and shoot it with your HF gun. You'll get a much better finish and more durable.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(07-01-2021, 07:06 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: IMHO... rattle can paint will always look like rattle can paint. Consider buying a qt can of decent polyurethane or enamel and shoot it with your HF gun. You'll get a much better finish and more durable.
I did a rattle can on my dishwasher and a the door on my range with an HVLP gun and they look exactly the same.  You just need how to use a rattle can
A rattle can can do a very commendable job on horizontal surfaces.  Spray out enough to make the whole surface wet.  On verticle surfaces it is more difficult because of the risk of drips and runs. 

Newer rattle cans have much better nozzles.  If  you find a paint with this style nozzle, you can get very good results:

[Image: 5129ed48-a26c-4f70-8817-f8169bba5689_1.6...0db5f.jpeg]