epoxy garage floor DIY?
I'm moving into a new house. The garage floor (2-car, concrete) is in rough shape.. some cracks and low spots.. 

Thoughts on DIY repair and epoxy?
I've only helped a friend do the work.  I don't have one.  After what I've seen, I'll never do one for me DIY.  What I do know:

- Quality of finished product is directly related to cost.

- The time to do the work is when the area to be covered is absolutely empty and can be empty for the full process.  No shortcuts on cure time and the rest.

- Prep is key.  A good acid wash is needed to prep the surface.

When I helped my friend, the product used was the Rustoleum product.  A lot of it began flaking after a few years.  Looks terrible now.

Have another friend who had his garage professionally done with an epoxy with a finely-grained aggregate surface.  As I understand, the process may have taken one to two weeks for curing between layers.  The product looks great and seems very durable.

That's about all I know about them.
My brother did his years ago. In California, land of no road salt.

Bought the product at Griott's Garage.

Etched the floor with a muriatic acid solution, as required.

Every single one of his tools rusted from the vapors. What a mess.

Anyways, the floor came out beautiful.

But.... it is worn away now.

If I were to do mine, I think I'd talk to a pro.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I did the floor in the last house's empty garage. I used Rustoleum's 2 part product. Came out very nice and looked good 15 years later when we sold it. But it was a lot of work. I chose to not do it on this house.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I have done it twice here.  First in the wood shop. New construction. So, a bit easier as less to move.

Doing the garage was harder as it involved moving things.  And the prep work is definitely key.

I used this:  https://epoxy-coat.com/

Not cheap, compared to the products available at the box stores.  I think it was worth the difference.

It is a lot of work.  For me, it was worth it.

It has held up well.  I did not do a perfect job, I can see flaws.  Most folks can't.  YMMV.

Would I do it again.  Yup.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me