What did you expect, for $3?
(07-05-2021, 07:11 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Well, it is a start..

3 have "mushrooms" to remove....wood chisel needs to loose the paint splotches....

The fellow that had "sharpened" that 1" wide Craftsman wood chisel....really had no clue....there is about 5 distinct bevels in the edge....edge is also cambered....
The Crescent wrench is from Jamestown....yep, THAT Crescent Wrench company.   may need a small drop of oil, otherwise its fine.  

May decide to re-paint the tool chest....maybe...and find a spot in the shop to park it.....and fill it up.
But, how flat is the back of that chisel? Inquirin' minds want to know!
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Hmmm..ok...you know...I haven't really bothered to find out.....been too busy USING my tools, that I really do not have the time to go off on a Quest for the PERFECT edge.....now, IF someone wants to take a look at that chisel for themselves....fine....Not too concerned about a..what ..10cent chisel?

Have better things to do

BTW:  I WAS a Gentleman, once...but, only by an Act of Congress...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(07-11-2021, 11:37 PM)bandit571 Wrote: .........I really do not have the time to go off on a Quest for the PERFECT edge.....

Have better things to do

BTW:  I WAS a Gentleman, once...but, only by an Act of Congress...
Winkgrin

Well, you are doing pretty well giving "edgy" comments back to a good-natured ribbing; lighten up . . . .

[Image: 51306672033_6958d1b595_o.png]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
As I said...have better things to do at the moment...
Like making some shavings....

And...

Haven't even had time to clean this one up..

Would think you'd have better things to do..too...
When you go to shave hair off the arm with a chisel....bevel up...or...bevel down?      Hmmmm....?
Carpenter's scriber, by General....with a new pencil..

Backside view?

A Craftsman 1 " wide Carpenter's Rough work chisel...

never intended for "Fine Wood Working"   more for work as a Carpenter's tool....

Had a slight camber to the edge....just the thing to tear out trim, chop a rough hinge mortise....

Back is as flat as it NEEDS to be....slight back bevel at the edge....Not bad for a $0.05 chisel...that would ride around all day in a Nail Apron...or, loan out to the neighbor that wants to do a little repair work around his house.....may toss into the drawer with the other "Loaner" chisels...

Not sure what to do with these, though..

Scratch Awls?   they are not handles for these tips..

Nor, do these driver tips fit that Ratchetool Handle...

may just toss out the tablesaw inserts...as they do NOT fit my saw...

Regular and Dado insert....AL plate might go, too....some sort of Router table insert/plate?
the not-scratch-awls are likely ice picks.  Certainly, the red-handled one is. Used for knocking chips of ice off the block of ice in the icebox, to cool your mint julep.

That ratchet handle is an interesting beast.

And it's amazin' how much shinier the compass got with a new pencil in it.
Ratchetool..
Confused 

Seems I have a few such beasts, now..

May have to sort through that stash of bits...
Confused
Ok..a little game...called Keep,or Toss..

Since none of these tips will fit any handles I have on hand...
Uhoh

Quite a pile, sitting in there..
Nut drivers first...

bent one is already gone, as is the one beside it....same for that  rusty one....The rest?   IF someone wants them, and has a set of handles that will fit...I'll box them up and send them out, no charge.

There was also a few screwdriver bits..

Couple of which are already gone...That one long Phillips, had a broken tip..There was another way too rusty...the rest?  
Keep,  or,  Toss.