What did you expect, for $3?
Yard Sales today....brought this home..
Uhoh

Figured I could stash some of my taller tools in the roll-around bottom...Open the top lid, to unlock the drawers..

Found these, and...

A few other goodies.....yes, that file does have a corncob as a handle....Top drawer?

May just toss this stuff...next drawer?

More about that beer can opener in a bit....Might find some use for the rest...and, the bottom drawer?

Crestoloy?   A VERY slim triangular file...other "Goodies"?

Nail set is from Blue Grass.   As for that Beer Can opener ( remember those?   Anyone use them?)
Stamped into both sides....BLATZ   MILWAUKEE'S FAVORITE PREMIUM BEER.....There is also a Not for Resale, and a VAUGHAN U.S.A. 62 stamped into one face.

Well, just what did you expect for $3, anyway....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I had that same box for years. I forget where I got it but it came in handy when I started out. Great couple of finds in those drawers, 
Big Grin
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Cheap at twice the price. I really like file handle, it's important due to the shortage of T.P caused by people thinking that eating T.P.would cure COVID! So after your done using it you could always wipe your **** with it. Good find! By the I enjoy your builds.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
(07-03-2021, 05:33 PM)bandit571 Wrote: ....that Beer Can opener....

Or, as we used to call them, church key.

Not a bad deal for $3, no.
(07-03-2021, 07:54 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Or, as we used to call them, church key.

Not a bad deal for $3, no.

I believe a “church key” would have had a loop at one end. 
Confused
Some did and some did not
All different styles were called church keys
I have even seen paint can openers called church keys
Here to report, the opener worked just fine...
Winkgrin

Cap goes to..
Big Grin

perfect ending to a long day.....Laundry Detail, 3 hours of shoptime, 1 hour to mow the yard ( was "only" 85 degrees out)

May have a project for one of those tools..

May just rehab that chisel...with plenty of pictures....those cold chisels COULD use a little work, too?
Well, it is a start..

3 have "mushrooms" to remove....wood chisel needs to loose the paint splotches....

The fellow that had "sharpened" that 1" wide Craftsman wood chisel....really had no clue....there is about 5 distinct bevels in the edge....edge is also cambered....
The Crescent wrench is from Jamestown....yep, THAT Crescent Wrench company.   may need a small drop of oil, otherwise its fine.  

May decide to re-paint the tool chest....maybe...and find a spot in the shop to park it.....and fill it up.
Still in that $3 "rut".....well, almost....Another weekend, another group of Sales....
1st stop..was even "cheaper"..
Winkgrin

half of the dallor bill I spent, the other?

Next stop?  $3 got me a tool box....

While the bottom was empty, the tray was ...full..

Of "Goodies"...will do another post about this "stash"

Last stop of the day, saw this gray, plastic Dremel case...that I thought I could make use of..
Uhoh 

But, when I picked it up, it felt full....( didn't bother to open it there..) asked for a price?    "How about..$3?"   "SOLD"   and left the scene...

Got home, and opened the case..
Uhoh  

A Dremel Model 6000 Contour Sander kit....just needs some new sanding sleeves.
Cool   Which is more than the $3 I just paid for the tool...

That tray full of "goodies"?

And...this little "gem" by General....
Cool  

needs a good cleaning, maybe a new pencil.....Carpenter's Scriber.    Plus the usual assortment of bags of screws, nails, brackets, and a bag of..springs.

Yep, I'm in a rut....not that I'm cheap, you understand...just FRUGAL. 
Not too bad of a day?
Nothing wrong with FRUGAL, I tell my kids you just got to know when to spend the money and on what.