Mice Traps - Suggestions?
has anyone tried spray foam to fill gaps and entry points?

I see this stuff exists, but can't see where it states that it is any different than regular spray foam aside from the can labels

https://smile.amazon.com/Great-Stuff-991...H78K&psc=1

My thought is to use this to adhere copper mesh in gaps and crevices along the basement sill.  So I'll use critter foam if it's really different, otherwise, I'll buy bulk spray foam.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
Walk the plank is too complicated. I just lay a stick from the floor to the top of the bucket. Spread Peanut Butter around the inside edge to make the mouse stretch a little to get to the bait. Works just fine and will catch multiples. I use plastic bags to recover the carcass ala dog poop pickup.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
(07-14-2021, 08:39 AM)jppierson Wrote: Walk the plank is too complicated.  I just lay a stick from the floor to the top of the bucket.  Spread Peanut Butter around the inside edge to make the mouse stretch a little to get to the bait.  Works just fine and will catch multiples.  I use plastic bags to recover the carcass ala dog poop pickup.

The design or the application?

Yeah, it did take me an afternoon to make mine, but I could have bought one for $14. Then it is plug and play
Final Jeopardy question yesterday was about the inventor of the mousetrap.

Wonder if they’re reading WoodNet?
VH07V  
It won't stop a motivated mouse.   Foam isn't a good option to keep anything out.   Even bats will get through it.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

(07-14-2021, 08:39 AM)jppierson Wrote: Walk the plank is too complicated.  I just lay a stick from the floor to the top of the bucket.  Spread Peanut Butter around the inside edge to make the mouse stretch a little to get to the bait.  Works just fine and will catch multiples.  I use plastic bags to recover the carcass ala dog poop pickup.

Complicated how?  Buy one off Ebay and put it on a 5 gallon bucket with a piece of wood as a ramp. Couldn't be easier.
Mice don't seem to figure it out, like they do on so many traps. Lots of good videos. This was the first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsoVcrFyrF8