My most ambitious project to date - a custom guitar inspired by a 1959 Les Paul
Excellent work, Don! I like the use of the CNC router to shape the top. Is the music on the video yours? Would love to hear how it sounds. I'm an acoustic guy myself, but I appreciate a good electric.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(07-08-2021, 12:00 PM)AHill Wrote: Excellent work, Don!  I like the use of the CNC router to shape the top.  Is the music on the video yours?  Would love to hear how it sounds.  I'm an acoustic guy myself, but I appreciate a good electric.
No CNC routers in my shop. The top was a made with series of MDF templates used with a handheld router that I created a big jig to control. The music is from youtube royalty free collection. I hope to make a recording with the guitar soon.
Very nice project. My brother plays guitar so I may need to build one of these some day.

I appreciate complex projects. I like how you have to think thru and properly sequence the various milling and construction steps.

And having done a few of these myself I suspect you spent almost (if not more) time building jigs and templates than the actual piece itself!
Beautiful work Don!
It looks nice.  I certainly would be interested in a video done without shaking the camera so much.
Video of the guitar being played. Keep in mind I'm a hobbyist woodworker and a hobbyist-er guitar player.