half inch drop in 22ft drain line
At the cabin I started redoing the outside shower. The old pipe was rusted through. I will have to run one and one half inch pvc 22.5 ft and will only have one half inch of drop. Has to run from back side to halfway up the North side some what kitty corner to get to the nearest drain under the sink in the bath. I used my old water level to get the measurement. Should I raise the shower for more fall in the pipe? Can't gain a whole lot but some.
Secondly is using metal strapping to the joist to hold it in place ok or use blocking.
I'm also thinking about getting a small 110 v water heater to put on the backside for quicker hot water. Otherwise it has to come from even farther than the drain. Don't have 220 on that side for an on demand heater and not sure breaker has room so a small heater will have to work. Any recommendation. Thanks.
I have generally used 3/4 inch to 1 inch per 10 to 12 feet, for a good drop and flow.
110V might take a bit for hot water, I have used 220 on the last two I have installed.

Don’t compromise the integrity of the joists when you install the plumbing, blocking or hangers.
Outside shower? Only grey water?

Dig a drywall and be done. Don't connect to the house drain.

Heck, drain into the yard.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Don't do it. It won't drain and it will clog. You heard it here first.

1/4" drop per foot..
That long, I'd use a 2" pipe.

Consider a Sanitary/Grinder pump
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(07-07-2021, 07:22 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Outside shower?  Only grey water?

Dig a drywall and be done.  Don't connect to the house drain.

This.  I wouldn't tie into the house drain either.  If you insist on tying into the house drain, you need an ejection pump, or you need to raise the shower several inches.

(07-07-2021, 07:22 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Outside shower?  Only grey water?

Dig a drywall and be done.  Don't connect to the house drain.

Exactly what snipe hunter said,take his advice.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I like the idea of draining into the yard. I will definately check it out next weekend. We are 150 ft from the lake so that should leech away. Pretty light soil and it's not like we use it on a daily basis.
(07-07-2021, 08:25 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Don't do it. It won't drain and it will clog. You heard it here first.

1/4" drop per foot..
That long, I'd use a 2" pipe.

Consider a Sanitary/Grinder pump

3 or 4" pipe and set it low. One little dip in the trench and it won't drain well and freeze in the winter.

DAMHIKT....

Ed