Drill press
Picked up a nice drill press from a neighbor.
A Duracraft made in the 70’s.  It is heavy.
Going to build a stand and table for it.
Needs a little clean up, but nice and solid.

[attachment=36296]
Looks cool. I was thinking of getting a small one like that for the work truck and doing installs.

Let us know how it works.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(07-08-2021, 04:47 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Picked up a nice drill press from a neighbor.
A Duracraft made in the 70’s.  It is heavy.
Going to build a stand and table for it.
Needs a little clean up, but nice and solid.

Nice find! Looks like it also has the table elevation crank, which is very handy. I have a Jet of the same variety that I inherited from my dad; no elevation crank on it though.

Doug
(07-08-2021, 09:45 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Looking forward to building a stand with storage and a table for it.

Do you have an idea for one? I've been looking at different plans for one, trying to design one for my needs. Just curious.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(07-09-2021, 06:41 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: For the table I have a section of counter top, will size to fit, rout grooves for T-track for hold downs, a replaceable center piece.
Cabinet straight forward, 2/4 frame, 1/2 plywood, storage below, with a door. Height off the floor for my best easy use.

Sounds very nice.  
Yes

Garry
The classic drill presses all seem to be built so much better than the current offering unless one spends $$$$ for the few quality new units out there. 
A table is great for woodworking- not so great for metal projects. do yourself a favor and make the table quick on and off. A reference border around the metal table and a couple Destaco clamps underneath allows it to come on and off at will.
Make sure to think out the replaceable table insert location so it can be turned multiple times for new zero clearance drilling.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Destaco is the brand name for the clamp type I am talking about. There is a range of sizes and types ( horizontal and vertical). I use theme all over the shop. Most of mine are the very cheap harbor freight brand; they work fine and I have no complaints.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!