Diamond sharpening stones
Are they worth the price for chiselllllls and planer blades? If so, what brand and grits do cyou'all recommend? Thabx for any feedback.
(07-10-2021, 04:49 PM)weelis Wrote: Are they worth the price for chiselllllls and planer blades?

Well like most things, it depends...
because worth the price depends on the what the buyer considers the worth and price.

As for diamond sharpening stones I have found the Atoma brand to be very good.
You can see them here on Amazon They are good value for the money in my opinion.

I own the 140 400 600 1200 and each have given me excellent service and serve different uses.
In researching I found these to have the highest rating for use and flatness as reflected in the cost.

As for my use, I use them to get me to where I want before going to sharpening stones.
In other words, for me they are for roughing/profiling before getting the polished edge on stones.

Diamond sharping aside, I think you'll find it difficult to sharpen planer blades on anything shorter than the blades.
As for the chisels the diamond plates will do fine.
I have the M-Power Diamond cross stones in several different sizes and grits, from a full size stone to a small card size unit that is awesome for router bits.

One of the big advantages to Diamond stones is that they stay flat. Using them does not rub away the surface so they never need to be dressed. 

They work on plane irons, chisels axes, shovels or whatever. The6 sharpen steel as well as carbide.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.