Precision crosscut sled plans and miter rail options
(07-11-2021, 10:53 AM)jeffechols Wrote: Super newbie here. Just bought a Delta table saw and downloaded the plans for the precision crosscut sled. I saw it on YouTube and thought it was the best one I have seen. The plans call for the miter slot runners to be 24". The Kreg ones I saw were 30" and $30 a piece. Looking for a less expensive solution but the ones I  can find are not 24" but maybe 10" . Can I use the shorter runners with these plans? Anyone out there built this crosscut sled?   Thanks for the help.
I may be too late, but have you checked out MigoJig? Their sliders look good as does their sled plan
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Wink 
Quote:...save your money and DIY!...

Very good advise, PLUS, you get plenty of practice using your new tools and exercising your brain.

Keep in mind however, your creations won't glisten quite as brightly as those things in the ads, but the satisfaction of a job well done feels pretty good.
Incra 5000

[Image: 41tAdJqrhwL._AC_SS450_.jpg]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqsDnkhxp4U
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.